Comet NEOWISE shines over SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket (photo)

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I got a fairly good result. I used a Canon T5 Rebel camera, with F4.0, ISO 6400, 5 sec exposure. It was below, and slightly to the left of the big dipper. As the days go by the comet will move further to the left of the big dipper, and higher in the sky. This will allow for better photos later in the night (darker). I took the picture at around 10:00 PM. Again the later the better. But too late, and it gets very low on the horizon. The closer to the horizon, the dimmer the comet, and the redder the color. Higher in the sky, gets better colors, but the background sky is lighter because the time is earlier. Right now probably the best time to try for a picture is about 10:15 PM.

Reactions: Lovethrust
Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
I got a fairly good result. I used a Canon T5 Rebel camera, with F4.0, ISO 6400, 5 sec exposure. It was below, and slightly to the left of the big dipper. As the days go by the comet will move further to the left of the big dipper, and higher in the sky. This will allow for better photos later in the night (darker). I took the picture at around 10:00 PM. Again the later the better. But too late, and it gets very low on the horizon. The closer to the horizon, the dimmer the comet, and the redder the color. Higher in the sky, gets better colors, but the background sky is lighter because the time is earlier. Right now probably the best time to try for a picture is about 10:15 PM.
Thanks for the advice! What focal length were you using?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts