Command Modules where are they now?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

najab

There's a scene in <i>From the Earth to the Moon</i> where McDivitt says to Dave Scott say something like (paraphrasing heavily): <blockquote>"Every flight's got a few new things, ours has about a dozen: first launch with a lem, first docking and extraction of a lem, first men in a lem in space. Power it for the first time in space and then we just undock, right? Well before we can do that we have to prove that we can get back to the CM if we can't dock. That means you, Rusty, get to do an EVA: first time we use the PLSS backback. Then we fire up the descent engine, fly out a hundred miles or so and the real fun begins. Cut descent stage and fire up the ascent stage - first time that's been done - and fly back for the first docking between two manned space vehicles.<br /><br />Okay, so that's only 10 things. If we get even half of it done it'll be a success."</blockquote>

D

drwayne

I remember that scene now that you mention it.<br /><br />Damn, those guys were good.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts