Comment about "Naked Science" episode on Spacemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willpittenger

The National Geographic Channel has a series called <i>Naked Science</i>. Please be aware that series appears to be more sensationalism that real science. They do have one episode that might be relavent to this forum. It is titled <i>Spacemen</i>. Please do not expect this episode to reveal much other than what we talk about here. Other entry, on the Yellowstone super volcano demonstrates what I am talking about. They attempt to show what you would see if Yellowstone went off and you were nearby. However, those animations are really cheesy. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

S

skyone

Whats your point? Lots of science documentaries are cheesy.

J

JonClarke

"Supervolcano" was great! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

W

willpittenger

Ignore the "Naked" part. They are trying to tell you that it is just science. Frankly, the series is not very good at that. It would help if they were less repetitive. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.