Commercial oppurtunity in orbital debris removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crossover_Maniac

There was a near miss between the 8-ton European Envisat and a 3.8-ton Chinese upper stage rocket. LEO is getting more and more congested. Could there be a new market for keeping LEO clean? I'm also adding a related pic and link.

Planetes

planetes.jpg

M

MeteorWayne

There are several other threads on this subject; this post will be merged with one of them.

V

Valcan

Planete was a grade A+ anime.....yes i know im a dork. But Planete was a good show for younger people might help alot in getting younger people to be interested in space.

I think spaceflight is like MMO's.......yes i know bear with me.....

When the average MMO that offers a free trial only abround 5 to 15% accually stay and subscribe. That is enough though to keep a game going or in the case of something like WoW (world of warcraft) or EvE (Eve online) going and profiting. Its not about having everyone out of 30 people but just 4 or 5 keep going that adds up.

-----------------------------------------------

No i think cleaning up LEO and GEO will be great for Commerical companies. Also the resources taken in old satelites and such could be recycled for building and maintaining other space projects. The same technology could be used to maintain, recycle and upgrade satelites making the cost go down.

M

MeteorWayne

Please leave comments about Planete in another forum, like SciFi or Free Space. This forum concerns Space Business and Technology, not games.

Such post are going to be removed to one of those fora.

V

Valcan

MeteorWayne":3tydisau said:
Please leave comments about Planete in another forum, like SciFi or Free Space. This forum concerns Space Business and Technology, not games.

Such post are going to be removed to one of those fora.

I just mentioned that because it was where to pic came from. You know meteor sometimes you remind me of a soup chef... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts