Community Requests Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

I thought it might be helpful to see a summary of features that had been requested and are now present in this new community platform.

For the forums
  • Personal messaging has returned, and the login box has been altered to show you when you have new messages.
  • You can now go to the first unread post in a thread via the
    icon_topic_newest.gif
    icon.
  • Each post has its own dedicated link.
  • With one click you can see what the newest posts are throughout the board.
  • You can mark forums as read.
  • Thread views are visible.
  • Hard returns do not result in an automatic double line space, and hard returns in quoted material is maintained.
  • Page numbers for any thread with two or more pages is visible on the thread index level.
  • There are polls and more emoticons.
  • BBCode is used over HTML.
  • You can adjust the timezone to suit your own.
  • Avatars are larger in the forums (they are still 60x60 in article comments).
  • There is a Who's Online function, indicated by an "Online" band on a user's avatar area, visible within a thread.
  • You can tell how many registered users this site has via the statistic line toward the bottom of the forums (you can also see total posts, total topics, and the newest member of any board).
  • Colors have been toned down with greys and blues.

For Article Comments
  • You can now reply to a comment, and it will appear indented (threaded comments) by one level.
  • There are additional sorting options, 3 – oldest, newest, most recommended. The default is by oldest.

We continue to work out the bugs as well. Thank you for your patience.

-dh

D

doublehelix

a_lost_packet_":1awdbwqe said:
Thank you! Thank you very, very, very much!

You're welcome! :mrgreen:

A couple of things I missed in the summary:

• Pages in the forums are more descriptive. When you look at the history of past pages, you should know exactly where you have been.
  • If you click on the "Page 1 of 131", it will bring up a dialog box asking you which page you would like to go to. A nifty feature, indeed.

-dh

B

billslugg

I can't believe it!! This is fantastic!! I had about given up on SDC. I love it!!

D

doublehelix

We have now introduced a choice of color styles: "light" and "dark". This was a request from the community. You can read more about it here.

-dh

S

starsinmyeyes44

doublehelix":2seq9m9o said:
We have now introduced a choice of color styles: "light" and "dark". This was a request from the community. You can read more about it here.

-dh

I discovered this over the weekend....WOW! Thanks so much, dh.

flower-vase.jpg

S

Smersh

doublehelix":2c13d1rn said:

-dh

Thanks dh I'm just trying out the dark scheme right now. It definitely makes the quotes stand out better. :cool:

For anyone that wishes to keep using the default scheme though, I still reckon the quote background colour is much too close to the currently posted text background colour and is very confusing when threads have lots of quotes. I started a thread a while back about it here but so far, nobody else has posted. If you view my op in that thread using the default colour you should see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts