Could someone add information to Wikipedia articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willpittenger

I noticed that some of the Wikipedia articles on the satellites of the Milky Way Galaxy like the Magellanic Clouds do not have a section about their future. As I understand it, the Milky Way is in the process of destroying them by absorbing their stars. I do not know where to get the citations needed to add that information to the articles. Does someone know that? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

W

willpittenger

Those pages do not provide the needed sources. I do not have the information or I might have added it to the various articles myself. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

W

willpittenger

Those might be useful, but are not conclusive. They leave the matter really open. Granted, you can't really prove it beyond a doubt without either time travel or waiting a really long time. However, I think scientific papers on the matter might be more useful. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

S

search

Most of the subjects discussed in this forum are not conclusive. As for the future of the Milky Way if that is your question (I am still not sure of which citations you were refering to in wiki) we still must consider that during the time between now and the Milky Way crossing the path of another galaxy the sun is burning its fuel and so are all other stars (younger and older) which gives a very different picture of what future can be. If you want to think about that:<br /><br />http://www.astro.washington.edu/balick/WFPC2/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts