COULD this be a giant silverback gorilla... on MARS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim48

Yes, obviously it is a gorilla. It is located in the same valley where the "face" on Mars is. Not pictured: Marvin the Martian. :D

D

docm

A member of the congressional leadership hiding from an ethics committee subpoena?

B

bushwhacker

This is why we need boots on mars.
A human would have taken more than one shot just to see if the thing looked at him.
One static shot cant prove anything.

R

rocketmonkey

It is probably just some joke set up by someone with a camera in the desert. The back of the Mars rover can be easily simulated without any of the electronics.

Unless it makes a regular trip to the poles of Mars, where water ice can melt in his mouth to refresh him/ her. Yet even so, there must be some miraculous natural oxygen replenisher to keep him alive. Or he could breathe something other than oxygen.

But I think its a hoax. :lol:

R

rocketmonkey

Wait a minute. It is a hoax. I noticed some human shoe prints in the sand near the rover. :lol:

If you are going to make a hoax cover up your tracks better. ;)

Well it's either shoe prints or rover tracks.

S

scottb50

yevaud":3uzx9jtv said:
a_lost_packet_":3uzx9jtv said:
rocketmonkey":3uzx9jtv said:
...But I think its a hoax. :lol:

I think its a rock.

:lol:

I think it's definitely worth a closer look, kind of out of place and could be from an impact or something. Looks like kind of a harrowing drive to get much closer though. People have always seen objects in clouds, some see them on a piece of toast, or a linen shroud. I don't know what their expert is an expert of but it's probably in another field.

Y

yevaud

My LOL about it was that this was the precise topic of long debate in the SS&A forum, several years ago.

S

scottb50

yevaud":2phdik0d said:
My LOL about it was that this was the precise topic of long debate in the SS&A forum, several years ago.

Just in size it stands out as out of place, or it's just a rock. I vote rock.

A

a_lost_packet_

I swear I'm going to set up a macro that types out "It's a rock." just for SDC.

S

StarRider1701

So the rover didn't take any more pictures in this direction? Even one more picture of that area would do it. Does it move or not? Looking at the tracks of the rover, it drove right past it so there should be other pictures of that area.

I too think it is a rock. Mars doesn't have the ecosystem to support a higher mammal. No, we don't need boots on Mars, at least not now.

D

dragon04

Shouldn't this be over on The Unexplained? Where stuff like this belongs?

W

Woggles

dragon04":1874bjp3 said:
Shouldn't this be over on The Unexplained? Where stuff like this belongs?

Sure why not! There one started there as well.

J

jim48

StarRider1701":3gbxk7q6 said:
So the rover didn't take any more pictures in this direction? Even one more picture of that area would do it. Does it move or not? Looking at the tracks of the rover, it drove right past it so there should be other pictures of that area.

I too think it is a rock. Mars doesn't have the ecosystem to support a higher mammal. No, we don't need boots on Mars, at least not now.

At least not now? Hmm. So when will be a good time for us to go? If they had said that back in the '60s we wouldn't have put men on the moon until the '80s. ;)

S

Smersh

A giant silverback gorilla on Mars? That's ridiculous. It's obvious it's a mountain gorilla, not a silverback. :roll:

L

lildreamer

no wait - Mothership....

crap - wrong thread...carry on... :lol:

R

rocketmonkey

StarRider1701":3qin0hwh said:
No, we don't need boots on Mars, at least not now.

Exactly. As I said before I think it is a hoax set up on one of Earth's deserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts