Criss Angel - Up Close Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

magigimmick

Forget levitation, which obviously uses a gimmick. Forget the wood chipper, which I presume uses camera angels that allow him to exit the box unnoticed. Forget walking through glass, which is obviously a hole cut into clear plastic. Forget all that. What I want to know is how he does the up close magic, like the needles and thread. Or the driving blindfolded.<br /><br />Oh - and for all you wackos who think this is really mind over matter, you're idiots.

C

calcas

Close up magic is usually either slight of hand (of which these guys are masters) or using invisable thread, the use of gimmicked props which are switched, or simply misdirection. Quite often it's a combination.<br /><br />The driving blindfold was easy. The goggles are real and can NOT be seen through. The hood CAN be seen through. When you put on the goggles AND the hood, you have no way of knowing the hood can be seen through. The hood is never tested alone by the victom.<br /><br />After the victom tests the goggles, she hands them to him. There is a moment just before he puts them on when he switches them for a different pair. I watched the video very closely and I saw the switch...they came from his left breast pocket area and it was very fast and very slick. Again, a moment of misdirection and great slight of hand. Now he has different goggles that you can see through and the hood goes over them, which you can also see through.

D

drwayne

A new discussion thread has been created to try to keep this discussion from spilling into multiple active threads. <br /><br />Multiple threads, on the same topic, have the effect of crowding out other discussions, so please try to stay within that thread. <br /><br />Thanks, and enjoy, <br /><br />Wayne <br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.