Cub Scout Day Camp Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bamabelle

I am looking for ideas or resources in order to have a space themed day camp for cub scouts. Does anyone have anything that will help me in my quest?

H

harmonicaman

Water rockets:<br /><br />The 2 liter water bottle rocket is essential. Craft some 2 liter rockets ahead of time!<br /><br />Survival skill:<br /><br />Get some coke cans, ones with the parabolic curved bottom; and take a silver Hershey bar wrapper and rub a bit of chocolate into the curved surface until it is very smooth and shiny -- like a mirror. Use this mirror to focus a bright spot of sunlight (about 6 inches above the can) to start a fire! Use a bit of tissue or something that ignites easily.<br /><br />Whoever starts the first fire is the top survivalist! Use caution as you can burn your eyeballs doing this stunt!<br /><br />Tell the time:<br /><br />Make a sun clock.<br /><br />---------------<br /><br />Night time activity --<br /><br />Moon stuff:<br /><br />Make copies of some interesting Moon folklore stories to tell around the campfire.<br /><br />Learn the constellations:<br /><br />Use a compass to locate the North Star (Polaris) and tie it into a Big Dipper, Little Dipper discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts