Dark Energy Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeemmert

This article in New Scientist (online) addresses something that has been "vaguely bothering" me, bonzelite, kmarinas, and some other posters "for years". Now there's not only a prediciton of what matter frozen in time near an extremely dense object would <i>look like</i>, there's also observational support ~~ and <b>laboratory reports!</b> Any comments?

K

kmarinas86

It has only bothered me for 1.something years by the way :D

B

bonzelite

well. so far, i like their hatred of black holes. that sounds good.<br />excerpt:<br /><font color="yellow">Another problem is that light from an object falling into a black hole is stretched so dramatically by the immense gravity there that observers outside will see time freeze: the object will appear to sit at the event horizon for ever. This freezing of time also violates quantum mechanics. "People have been vaguely uncomfortable about these problems for a while, but they figured they'd get solved someday," says Chapline. "But that hasn't happened and I'm sure when historians look back, they'll wonder why people didn't question these contradictions."</font><br /><br />^^^i've been posting about that for some time on here, suggesting that the effect is not just an optical byproduct but that literally nothing can enter the black hole <i>physically.</i> so i agree with the above statement. <br /><br />i'll read the rest later. it's late and i cannot bear this type of left-brained thinking right now. <br /><br />later.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts