Dark Matter

Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
A recent article informs that the Kuiper Belt, the Scattered Disk and the Oort Cloud are all much bigger than previously thought, extending to billions of miles from the sun.
I may be a little ignorant in this matter, but if every star or solar system shows similar
characteristics, could they account for much of the Dark Matter ?

A recent article informs that the Kuiper Belt, the Scattered Disk and the Oort Cloud are all much bigger than previously thought, extending to billions of miles from the sun.
I may be a little ignorant in this matter, but if every star or solar system shows similar
Highly unlikely. There’s no indication that the increase in outer objects will add any significant total mass to the system. As probes sail out farther they are seeing more than expected, but the estimates of what is there was never one deemed to have great accuracy.

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
Probably not, both because those clouds don't weigh that much compared to their suns, and because if they were more massive they would obscure more light.
Wornout neutron stars and stellar mass black holes might better account for the missing mass.

Latest posts