Dark: no mass no energy no matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grantmoney

If there is no mass to study, no energy, no time, no enertia, no light, momentum...how can it be clearly defined as a study? <br /><br />Why not keep calling it gravity? Does that term have no sizzle for the funders?

S

Saiph

well...it's dark, i.e. doesn't interact with light, at all (emitting or absorbing)...much like neutrons or neutrinos.<br /><br />But it does have properties of mass. The observations corroborate models where you put in a mass of material amidst the standard "luminous" matter.<br /><br />So...it's dark, but it has mass, matter, and energy. It's just completely electrically neutral, not even a nominal seperation of charge, as in the seperation of charge between the protons in the nucleus, and electron around it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts