Deke Slayton for a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ascan1984

Just imagine its 1967 and you are Deke Slayton and the flights of apollo as they have been completed today. You have been asked to give the administrator a list of who the roster is for the flights. From Apollo 7 - Apollo 17. What would it be.<br /><br />For example Apollo 11 for me should have been<br /><br />John Young Commander - Experience is eveything<br /><br />Alan Bean LMP - Vasstly over looked until Apollo 12 back up crew. Very competent<br /><br />Bill Anders CMP - very competant and skilled pilot<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

N

najab

If Young had flown CDR on Apollo 11, who would you have chose to fly CMP 10?

C

cdr6

That's ok, I'd have taken any of the missions, no questions asked.

L

Leovinus

I don't think Neil Armstrong did such a bad job of overflying the deadly crater on final approach. Maybe Deke made a good choice there. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

ascan1984

One thing i dont understand is why Jim Lovel was not commander of Apollo 8. He had more experience that Frank Borman and I thought that would have been crutial for the flight. Doing this excercise is good experience. It shows how hard it m,ust have been for Deke Slayton. He did a great job generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.