Desperately needed station supply ship launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

najab

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Fla. (CBS) - An unmanned Russian supply ship blasted off from Kazakhstan Thursday evening on a critical flight to deliver two-and-a-half tons of equipment, spare parts, water and the fresh food the lab's two-man crew needs to stay in orbit beyond the first week in January.<br /><br />Because of an inventory control problem - and the hearty appetites of the crew that preceded them - station commander Leroy Chiao and flight engineer Salizhan Sharipov are almost out of food.<br /><br />Link

D

davf

Welcome news... although still too early to celebrate. I kept looking for news that it had been moved to the pad on schedule... and couldn't find a thing. So it was good to see it had launched.

R

rogers_buck

I hope they don't bang the thing into the Soyuz because someone forgot they moved docking ports. That would be nasty...

R

rogers_buck

I wonder what they will most appreciate. The food and water or the garbage can?

M

mrmorris

Has anyone here heard about the Rockviss robot mentioned in the SDC article about the Progress launch? Google wasn't helpful for once and I haven't heard **anything** about this. Was curious about how capable this robot is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS