Do astronauts have backup spacesuit parts in orbit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willpittenger

I noticed that one of the Endeavour astronauts damaged his glove. This same astronaut was selected to make any possible orbiter repair spacewalk. Does he have a new glove? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Tes, discussed in the STS 118 thread. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

B

bobblebob

Yes they have a spare glove, and i assume complete suit aswell?

H

holmec

Throw it in flat mode Will and scan! That's what I do. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

E

erioladastra

"i assume complete suit aswell"<br /><br />No, there are limited number of HUTS and other parts. We probably can make a suit for someone, can't be sure it is the same person.

W

willpittenger

I am taking donations that would go to a new computer (my existing computer's motherboard died). Broadband would have to come later but would also have to rely on donations. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.