Does anyone know if there is going to be (sm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jencan

anything to watch for tonight? Such as the Mars "event?" Thanks much!

C

CalliArcale

Not that I know, but on Oct 17 there will be a shallow partial eclipse of the Moon (won't be very impressive, though). Mars should still look good through a telescope, although opposition won't occur until Oct 29. That will be it's closest approach to Earth for the year.<br /><br />Probably the coolest thing to look for tonight is Shenzhou 6. You can also look for the ISS and many other satellites, which is very fun. (The ISS is especially spectacular, as it is so brilliant. Iridium flashes are also fun.) Check out Heavens Above to get pass predictions for your location. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

J

jencan

Thanks!! I am going to write down October 29th on my calendar. I can still see Mars pretty good, but we are cloudy here. Wish I had known we were going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts