'Doughnut UFO' over Switzerland defies explanation

I note from the space.com article, "On the night of Monday, Nov. 8"

I checked my stargazing logs and indeed was out under the sky viewing the firmament in the USA. From my log for Nov-08. "Observed 2000-2100 EST/0100-0200 UT. I was able to track down and view asteroid Ceres this evening using 10x50 binoculars and 90-mm refractor telescope using TeleVue 40-mm plossl. 25x views with true FOV about 1.8-degrees. Starry Night sky position for Ceres is accurate, HIP21029 and HIP21257 easily framed the asteroid tonight at 25x. I could see the three with Aldebaran in low power, 25x and 1.8-degree true FOV. This was a fun target to observe this evening on a very clear night. Ceres opposition on 27-Nov-2021 and currently moving retrograde in Taurus and the Hyades. S&T reports the asteroid will be about 7th magnitude on 27-Nov."

Ceres was my observation and I am confident of this report. What the UAP is shown in this article I cannot verify :)

Nov 15, 2021
Visit site
Wow! This is news?? Brandon - science means confirmation and evidence. This should not have been news at all. This is an image of a star, maybe Vega (or bright planet, such a Venus). It is out of focus, showing Airy rings as others have stated. What can be concluded from the four images shown elsewhere is: a) likely the lens used does not have an infinity hard stop, so point sources will likely be slightly out of focus, that the lens is actually pretty high quality - the Airy rings are not distorted, that the image is off centre to the centre of the photo (resulting in oval Airy rings), there is no scintillation, thus the object likely was high in the sky, and the camera/lens has a UV excess bleed. In another photo, the star is in focus, and in yet another photo, a triple image occurs, maybe due to mirror slap. What cannot be concluded in any way, is that this is a potential "UFO". I can conclude, though, that this is just bad journalism!! If you search UFO images on the Internet, you will find dozens of idential photos of out of focus Airy ring UFOs!!

Latest posts