Dr. Don Scott introduces his book to scientists at Goddard

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

What is the subject? IMHO, that would be a useful piece of information :)

D

dragon04

All you have to do is click the link. It's an Electric Universe book.

T

tampaDreamer

Interesting presentation. Largely above my head but interesting anyway.

S

Saiph

and the iron sun is presented every year at a midwest astronomy symposium too. They'll listen to a lot of people, ask them some very pointed questions, then dismiss the ideas when they don't stand up to scrutiny.

M

michaelmozina

Saiph":2sz1voxd said:
and the iron sun is presented every year at a midwest astronomy symposium too. They'll listen to a lot of people, ask them some very pointed questions, then dismiss the ideas when they don't stand up to scrutiny.

As far as I know, Dr. Scott supports a standard solar model, albeit with some electrical properties, not unlike Dr. Charles Bruce and Hannes Alfven. His presentation was pretty warmly received at Goddard.

As far as a specific theory holding up to scrutiny, I suppose it depends on what questions one asks and what explanations one believes to be important. For instance standard theory doesn't explain full sphere solar wind acceleration well at all, nor has it allowed us to "predict" CME's, explain specific satellite observations, etc. It all depends on what one places their emphasis on, and which phenomenon one chooses to believe are most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.