Dr. Horrible's Sing-AlongBlog

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonClarke

In 2009 Dr. Horrible's Sing-AlongBlog won the Hugo Award for short film presentation.

The summary on Wikipedia made it seen dreadful. I don't anyone who has seen it, has anyone where?

S

SpacexULA

JonClarke":24sdl1vq said:
In 2009 Dr. Horrible's Sing-AlongBlog won the Hugo Award for short film presentation.

The summary on Wikipedia made it seen dreadful. I don't anyone who has seen it, has anyone where?

My wife and I loved it. Is it "great film"? Nope. Is it a fun little thing to watch with some catchy tunes? Yep

J

JonClarke

SpacexULA":11vlvs4j said:
My wife and I loved it. Is it "great film"? Nope. Is it a fun little thing to watch with some catchy tunes? Yep

If its not great, why did it win the Hugo? Inquiring minds want to know!

S

SpacexULA

JonClarke":qgaa7sgs said:
SpacexULA":qgaa7sgs said:

If its not great, why did it win the Hugo? Inquiring minds want to know!

It's just amateurish. It was done on a shoestring budget, with a lot of 2nd grade actors.

I equate it with Rocky Horror Picture show, but VERY different.

Don't think people would rate Rocky Horror as a "great film", but it is a VERY entertaining film. Same with Dr. Horrible.

BTW you can watch it for free on Youtube.

J

JonClarke

SpacexULA":1aqektil said:
It's just amateurish. It was done on a shoestring budget, with a lot of 2nd grade actors.

I equate it with Rocky Horror Picture show, but VERY different.

Don't think people would rate Rocky Horror as a "great film", but it is a VERY entertaining film. Same with Dr. Horrible.

BTW you can watch it for free on Youtube.

Thanks for the tip. The more you say the less likely it seems deserving of the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.