Dwarf planet Ceres could be a great place to hunt for alien life. Here's why

"...The findings collectively show a "good correlation" of organics with areas hosting older impacts, researchers say, showing that asteroid strikes did indeed influence the presence and abundance of organics across billions of years. "While the origin of the organics remains poorly understood, we now have good evidence that they formed in Ceres and likely in the presence of water. There is a possibility that a large interior reservoir of organics may be found inside Ceres," Rizos said in the same statement. "So, from my perspective, that result increases the astrobiological potential of Ceres."

My note. Observations show a great deal of catastrophism now for the origin of life via abiogenesis, foundation doctrine for astrobiology. Space.com articles discuss this issue too in recent reports. Same problems for abiogenesis remain as previously discussed.

Charles Darwin discussed briefly the warm little pond but acknowledges that life today could quickly devour some type of non-living matter attempting to evolve into a single cell or life. I would point out that any early life that evolved from non-living matter would be faced with quick extinction too from the early earth postulated conditions operating in nature. Here is a 1882 letter of Charles Darwin where he hopes abiogenesis will be shown true in science. To Daniel Mackintosh 28 February 1882, "...With respect to the main purport of your note I hardly know what to say.— Though no evidence worth anything has as yet in my opinion been advanced in favour of a living being, being developed from inorganic matter, yet I cannot avoid believing the possibility of this will be proved some day in accordance with the law of continuity...", ref -https://www.darwinproject.ac.uk/letter/?docId=letters/DCP-LETT-13711.xml&query=general%20law%20of%20nature#hit.rank1

Now abiogenesis must wrestle with all the violent catastrophism operating in the solar system and in the universe too.

Latest posts