EarthlingX and videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

So, I've had a series of PM exchanges with EarthlingX about the video he posted. I think we discussed this, about the video, its legitimacy and the google ad overlay on them. That google ad shouldn't be an element that prevents any of our users - especially staid, regular ones - from posting videos - they are just there and they suck but we can't do anything about it.

He was told that he can't post videos anymore from a particular source, and I think we checked on that and clarified that this source of videos is legit in its connection with SDC. I can't seem to find the original discussion about this issue, so apologies for starting a new thread. If anyone can find that thread, please feel free to merge these topics. And if I'm confusing anything, I am happy to have that clarified.

Anyway, bottom line is that I think EX should be able to post videos from that source in question.

Would welcome feedback and input on this, too. :mrgreen:

-dh

M

MeteorWayne

OK, I just brought it up because it was the first time I saw youtube ads on the video, a it was cheesy ads for jewelry rings on a video about Saturn's rings. If that's the way it is, so be it.

MW

D

doublehelix

MeteorWayne":318dml8m said:
OK, I just brought it up because it was the first time I saw youtube ads on the video, a it was cheesy ads for jewelry rings on a video about Saturn's rings. If that's the way it is, so be it.

MW

I despise the ads on youtube videos, personally. I mean, WTF people?!? Totally lame. I hate that they are on almost every video I watch. It's the worst on videos with music. Blech.

-dh

I too have a serious problem with this.

It is backdoor spamming by YouTube, not our members fault at all. The ads can be clicked off on the the little inconspicuous x in the corner of the semi transparent ad box.

It is a right royal pain in the arse & if the ads start causing problems, then I think YouTube videos may have to be banned.

It is a shame because YouTube used to post only crap, but now there is a great deal of decent material on there, only for it to be spammed by themselves with crappy ads.

Andrew Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts