Einstein vs Hawkings...

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nacnud

In a way it might have helped, not being able to write things down means you have to visualize everything in your head and possibly gaining great insights into how things work. <br /><br />The problems then come in trying to explain your ideas and making sure what you are visualizing is sufficiently close to reality to be applicable.<br />

J

jatslo

Organizing thoughts requires both written and oral communications of the sort, unless, of course, you are born with the knowledge. In that case, if genetic thought exists, the thoughts are already organized for him or her. Hawking does have the means to communicate in both oral and written formats.

H

henryhallam

I had the privilege of sitting one table over from Dr Hawking at dinner last night. He's a nice guy.

S

spacelifejunkie

I would pick Einstein of the two but Isaac Newton makes all physicists pale in comparison. Look what he had to work with! He invented the laws of motion and gravity, explained the dispersion of light and invented calculus in his spare time because all of the known math in his day wasn't good enough! Isaac Newton is responsible for the Industrial Revolution which led directly to space travel. I guess we can thank Maxwell and his EQ's, too. I remember an A&E biography stating that Maxwell, Einstein and others were in awe of Newton. I wish he were alive today!<br /><br />SLJ<br /><br />

D

dobbins

I'm in awe of Newton myself, but he said of himself "if I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."<br /><br />Perhaps the greatest of them all was that unknown Promethius in prehistory that first dared to pick up a burning branch and make fire his own, or that unknown early man who first discovered he could shape a rock into a tool. These men were the original giants who's shoulders later men would stand on.<br />

T

trustno1fox2

Pythagoreas, Archimedes, Euclid, Ptolemy..... just continue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts