EMC2 fusion presentation at ISDC 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thereiwas

Yow. Not including development costs, but including operational costs:<br /><br />$25/kg to LEO.<br /><br />Lunar base: 4000 people with 25 tons of stuff each, for <br />$12.48 B in transportation costs. (Excludes costs of buying the "stuff".)

S

spacelifejunkie

littledreamer,<br /><br />I can offer you some roundabout answers a la Dr. Bussard and Tom Ligon. <br /><br />"If they are truly legit would they not have companies hand over fist giving them venture capital to promote this???? "<br /><br />EMC2 has been funded by the Navy in a hush hush manner in order for congress to not catch wind that grant money for fusion outside of the multibillion dollar tokamak avenue is being used. The miniscule budget that EMC2 had was low enough to not explicitly show up on congressional desks for review. Consequently, Dr. Bussard was not allowed to publish for fear of being shut down, regardless of success. Pure politics. This information is just now coming out of the closet and it will take a little time for venture capitalists and angel investors to chew on it and make any decisions. Jim Benson of Benson Aersospace and John Carmack of Armadillo Aerospace are quite interested furthering the research and between them, I'm sure they know a number of people interested in making this happen. Also remember, venture capitalists and investors are a private bunch. They have to be in order to be successful. It is only a matter of time until we hear some official news of this important research getting kickstarted up again.<br /><br /><br />"Does that mean if I pay them a contirbution do I get any interest or return back?"<br /><br />As I understand it, no. You would be able to write it off as a tax deduction, though. Contact EMC2 to be sure.<br /><br /><br />SLJ<br />

A

annodomini2

Link on their site is dead. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

annodomini2

In the first post, the subsequent link on the page to the presentation is dead. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

thereiwas

I have a copy of the PPT presentation but I need to find an appropriate place to host it.

B

bdewoody

When I was a senior in college (1972) fusion power generation was touted as the the future of cheap electricity. It still is....in the future. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em><font size="2">Bob DeWoody</font></em> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts