Energy, gravity, dark matter, space fabric, all connected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

killium

In my model of the universe, the space itself is energy. There cannot exist a place where there is no energy. The very fact that a volume exist (even when totally empty) is the manifestation of energy.<br /><br />A required minimum of energy is needed for any volume of empty space to exist.<br /><br />Now, if the energy and the matter are related (e=mc2), it would be easy to calculated how "matter equivalent" there is in a given volume of empty space (if we know the "density" of pure, empty space, energy).<br /><br />That said, empty space would exert some gravity.... The infamous dark matter could just be the space fabric itself, even if empty.<br /><br />Comments....<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

newtonian

killium- Excellent possibility -I hope I remember your point.<br /><br />OK, since scientists seem to observe particles winking in and out of space, and the law of conservation of matter and energy holds,...<br /><br />OK, one possiblility clearly is that space contains energy.<br /><br />Perhaps more than one form.<br /><br />Another possibility, btw, is that pointlike intersections with other dimensions may involve transfer of energy to matter causing virtual particles to wink in and out of existence in our space-time fabric.<br /><br />I.e. : Are their(there) strings attached?

I

igorsboss

I'm calling the following a "hunch" because this is a completely baseless statement which I do not intend to defend.<br /><br />My hunch is that each tiny string of matter is a tiny vortex in space. These vorticies form and dissapate like ripples on a turbulent stream. The turbulence has a few favorite vortex shapes, which we can recognize as the various quantums of matter. Each little twist in space creates a tiny little local pinch in space, which gives rise to gravity.<br /><br />I think string theory is on the right track.

N

newtonian

igorsboss- Sorry I haven't responded quickly.<br /><br />I live in southeast Louisiana, and Ivan distracted me.<br /><br />Yes, there are many vortices and spins in our universe.<br /><br />I also consider String theory may be correct - but I am aware there are other models and that String theory is not proven by observations.<br /><br />BTW- there are many versions of string theory. No more than one can actually be correct.

I

igorsboss

[yella]I live in southeast Louisiana, and Ivan distracted me. Yes, there are many vortices and spins in our universe.[/yella]<br /><br />Yeah, that explains a lot. Tons.<br /><br /><font color="yellow">there are many versions of string theory. No more than one can actually be correct. </font><br /><br />More than one can be correct, if they are all saying the same thing in different ways.<br /><br />I like to call this situation "violent agreement". It happens when the various sides of the discussion agree, but they are so busy arguing about which way to say it that they can't see that they agree.

N

newtonian

igorsboss- Yes - and I find such discussions somewhere between frustrating and hilarious!<br /><br />I have had that esperience often on evolution vs. creation type forums- where I agree on certain aspects of evolution theory (e.g. microevolution, e.g. the peppered moth) - but posters assume I am a typical creationist and argue with what they think I believe but when we actually agree on the points being discussed!<br /><br />However, concerning String theory models, there is the matter of how many additional dimensions are there. Now, of course, saying there are 10 dimensions does not contradict the 11 dimension model if the former allows for additional dimensions.<br /><br />If is a big word!

N

newtonian

killium - There were other factors which I could have noted in answer to your question - I did not.<br /><br />Therefore, in lieu of your suggestion in suggestions I see nothing I should edit out in my posts on this thread. <br /><br />Do you?<br /><br />However, neither can I add relevant points because they involve a source you wish to have ignored.<br /><br />I will give you a hint, however. Where does that energy come from, exactly?<br /><br />I.e. - cause and effect.<br /><br />They are connected - but I dare not post how.

Status
Not open for further replies.