FAA closes investigation into explosive 2nd flight of SpaceX's Starship megarocket

Oct 30, 2021
Visit site
No link to the SpaceX statement? Really?
It was a letter from the FAA. It's been mentioned on other space news sites but none had a direct link to it either. I did a decent amount of searching on the FAA website and most recent news in this regard is the Sept investigation closure from the April launch. They apparently haven't published the new info yet.

I think Mike would have included the link in the article if it was publically available.

What's key in the statement is all the corrective actions were identified by SpaceX and submitted by SpaceX, and that the FAA reviewed and accepted those corrective actions. Just like with previous launch mishap reviews.

So we can at least be assured that SpaceX has been working diligently on those corrective actions over these last few months.

All that's needed next is for SpaceX to file with the FAA that all those corrective actions have been implemented and then hopefully get their next launch license in the coming weeks!

Reactions: brizone
Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
It was a letter from the FAA. It's been mentioned on other space news sites but none had a direct link to it either. I did a decent amount of searching on the FAA website and most recent news in this regard is the Sept investigation closure from the April launch. They apparently haven't published the new info yet.

I think Mike would have included the link in the article if it was publically available.

What's key in the statement is all the corrective actions were identified by SpaceX and submitted by SpaceX, and that the FAA reviewed and accepted those corrective actions. Just like with previous launch mishap reviews.

So we can at least be assured that SpaceX has been working diligently on those corrective actions over these last few months.

All that's needed next is for SpaceX to file with the FAA that all those corrective actions have been implemented and then hopefully get their next launch license in the coming weeks!
Ya, I later realized the same after quite a bit of fruitless searching myself. 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts