facts about Jupiter

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Basketball planet of the solar system ( biggest planet)

Let’s know some interesting facts about Jupiter and its size-

1.Do you know that by volume around 1300 earth can fit inside of it?

2. Even if all planets combined ( mars, earth and all) can fit into this big planet.

3. If we take Earth a grape then Jupiter is a basketball 🏀 .

So, share it on social media and see some more interesting facts about Jupiter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if it has been proven, but rumour has it that it rains diamonds on Jupiter, due to pressures aporoaching the core.

Some believe Jupiter is a failed star because of the amout of H and He it contains! However its mass would have to increase 70 times before the fusion reactions could take place.

Last edited:
Some people think, that mysteriously the Sun will disappear instantly, our system will become Jupiter - cenrtic.
That's an interesting thought. ;)

But most planets have fast orbital speeds, so they would simply go flying off into space and join the rogue planets. Jupiter is too far away and too weak to pull us all into its own orbital system.

That would make quite a sci-fi novel, but, it would get real dark (and cold).
It's already been made into a movie. 2010 The year we made contact. The monoliths added more mass to it and it became a star. Then we became a binary system, and Jupiters moons warmed up. A very good movie if you haven't seen it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catastrophe
So, after Pioneer 10 flew by Jupiter, Sky and Telescope wrote an article about it. In that article, it was stated that when Pioneer flew by, due to the conservation of energy, Pioneer got faster, but, Jupiter slowed in its orbit. They roughly calculated that Jupiter would be behind in its orbit about a meter after a trillion years. So, I guess now it’ll be about 9 meters off from its original location then. Think anyone will complain?

Reactions: Terra Australis
So, after Pioneer 10 flew by Jupiter, Sky and Telescope wrote an article about it. In that article, it was stated that when Pioneer flew by, due to the conservation of energy, Pioneer got faster, but, Jupiter slowed in its orbit. They roughly calculated that Jupiter would be behind in its orbit about a meter after a trillion years. So, I guess now it’ll be about 9 meters off from its original location then. Think anyone will complain?
Comets have also had an impact, as well. :)

Reactions: Terra Australis
I'm sure there will be someone to complain ( tongue in cheek).
Jupiter's interactions with it's moons: another interesting area to explore :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Helio
Jupiter's interactions with it's moon another interesting area to explore :)
Indeed. Io is so strongly interactive that the hottest spots in the solar system [excluding that bright central white ball ;)] is there -- sulfur lava. The tidal stress action on the moon creates lots of heat.

IIRC, there is incredible EM interaction as well with about a trillion watts of current that flows from Jupiter to Io, but it's a vague memory and should be verified.

Latest posts