Field propulsion tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcfd

Henry Wm. Wallace, 1971 patent, claimed a field effect using bismuth/bismuth rotor/stator running at very high rpm. Patent is typed at http://www.geocities.com/jcfdillon/wallace.html I am trying to find out if any companies are testing this device for potential space transportation applications. The device uses half-integer spin nuclear isotopes such as bismuth, lead, or mercury. A field effect was claimed that could neutralize gravitational and inertial effects on the vehicle. By this technology one might reach Mars from Earth in a very short time; acceleration/deceleration is no longer a "process" but an event. I do not know of any companies or government agencies that are testing and studying the Wallace patented device. Wallace was a 30 year veteran electronics engineer at GE, with several patents published, and as far as I know, his patents were never disproven.

C

CalliArcale

Copied from jcfd's thread in Suggestions is a bit more on the topic, for anyone interested:<br /><br />---------------------------------------------------<br />Not sure how much work is being done to follow up and test "field propulsion" technology claims, as distinct from Hiroshima-drive or laser beams or what have you. In 1971 a patent was filed by Henry Wm. Wallace for a new type of field propulsion. The inventor was a thirty year veteran engineer at GE, and had some other patents as well. I believe his field generator requires something like 28,000 rpm with bismuth/bismuth rotor/stator to produce a field effect neutralizing both gravitation and inertial effects on passenger and crew. This needs testing. Some claims of (possibly) replicating these results in recent years, using other half-integer spin nuclear isotopes (lead instead of bismuth) by Harvey Morgan. See my InforMagnet site for links to original 1971 patent and other info. The Wallace patented device is the most advanced field propulsion claim I have seen, and goes beyond electrostatic propulsion or the T.T. Brown technology, as I understand it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

M

mental_avenger

Following the link to the home site, and then selecting different links, it is obvious that this is all bunk and very bad pseudo-science. They even include Ure Geller, who has been proven to be a fake, Bigfoot, and all sorts of other rubbish. As usual, it is 1% borderline science, and 99% unproven BS.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p style="margin-top:0in;margin-left:0in;margin-right:0in" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="2" color="#ff0000"><strong>Our Solar System must be passing through a Non Sequitur area of space.</strong></font></p> </div>

A

arc2

An interesting paper that is more current with respect to field proplusion can be found at:<br />http://www.earthtech.org/publications/JBIS_55_137-144.pdf<br /><br />The discussion on the issues surrounding field propulsion in the first part of the paper is interesting.<br /><br />Boeing and several other aerospace firms are backing a development program for this technology.... see Aviation Week March 4, 04....<br />

N

nexium

My guess is quite improbable and may be mostly technabable. Neil

A

arc2

could well be but I think Boeing and Co would have a lot of better things to work on than this if it was really so ephemeral...<br />I did apreciate the explanation as to why em field propulsion doesn't work, the problem with momentum...

Status
Not open for further replies.