docm

Well, does he cut the mustard?

CaptAm1-640.jpg

CaptAm2.jpg

CaptAm3.jpg

CaptAm4.jpg

N

neuvik

I guess its cool they made the uniform more "tactical" with the heavy stitching and material, but even if 511 made it...I wouldn't be caught dead in something as bright colored and iconical as that. Completely lame to me but I suppose its for the fans. I know nothing of the comics except what he looks like (also why I never got them). I doubt I'll watch it in theaters.

D

docm

Cap was the product of a Super-Soldier program during WW-II, a tech that found its way onto several Marvel characters. Howard Stark, Iron Man's dad, had a lot to do with the program and Cap's shield.

After the war he ends up frozen & is awakened some years later, eventually to join The Avengers team with Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and others. The Avengers film series is what all these Marvel films are leading to.

Cap's brighter colors don't matter much - by the time you see them it's already too late :p

N

neuvik

Ah, thanks for the backstory. I sort of like the X-Men and Punisher because they changed the uniform to something more practical (ditched wolverines fruity number so they look more terrifying together; and the punish wore the shirt because his son got it etc, Iron man suit made from titanium dialog wise and not a bright yellow) Not sure why the fashion statements click in my head but they do...

Was wondering about the shield too, I mean it works against "gangsta" and lesser henchmen who probably don't know about getting penatrator rounds from Hornady, or buying a 8mm or 300 weatherby do deal with illegal swa...err...house intruders with body armor. But if its Iron Man stuff alright!

btw who is Captian Americas villains? I mean I can guess its anything against America, but is there some special one?

A

a_lost_packet_

neuvik":ve8abro5 said:
...btw who is Captian Americas villains? I mean I can guess its anything against America, but is there some special one?

Cap's biggest nemesis is Red Skull.

D

docm

And Johann Schmidt/Red Skull will be played by none other than Hugo Weaving :)

BTW: HYDRA (terrorist group) is in the film too.

Besides Chris Evans and Hugo Weaving it also stars Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan, Toby Jones, Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Armitage, Dominic Cooper, Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci and Neal McDonough.

Red Skull without his mask
captain_america_20101101_1309847376.jpg

A

a_lost_packet_

docm":2hwp71lu said:
And Johann Schmidt/Red Skull will be played by none other than Hugo Weaving :)

I was particularly delighted when I saw that. I think he'll make a fine Red Skull!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts