Fly Me to the Moon' trailer mixes real-life Apollo history with moon landing hoax

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
my best guess to date is that apollo missions flew around the moon, maybe also landed with astronauts, but there is something faked in photo and video documentation; if men didnt land, maybe some robotic rovers roamed around, if they landed, a lot of the material was shooted on earth studios; and the main hint to me is the inconsistent performing of jumps and acrobatics on the surface.

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
The "inconsistent" acrobatics were due to the 1/6 gravity. Plus, that was their very first practice session.
hi billslugg, yes but there are a lot of considerations to make in this regard, as i have already said other times i have started an original nice research on this topic which i hope to complete when i have identified the right collaborator for the mathematical part. Furthermore, i haven't forgotten about the question of solar cycles which was left open with you, as soon as i have some time i will answer you as promised.

Reactions: billslugg
If NASA was faking the human part of the Moon landing, I think that NASA would have done a retake of Neil Armstrong's obviously pre-planned but flubbed line about "One small step for [omitted 'a'] man - one giant leap for mankind!" They sure tried to talk their way around it as being just a data dropout in the voice transmission to Earth, but the cadence of the spoken sentence makes that seem impossible.

Not that I criticize Armstrong for making the flub. Considering the circumstances, I probably would have just said something more like "Wow!!!" if I could have spoken at all in such a moment.

May 10, 2024
Visit site
The article is fine, as usual with Space.com. I saw the trailer and I was very disappointed that Apple Studios would reinforce this old, repugnant conspiracy theory. I made a post to that effect on AppleTV's X account and I urge every one to do that. I'm retired now, but was at Northwestern as an astronomy major when Apollo launched. I knew lots of NASA people - my NU advisor was a scientist astronaut. I worked on the Hubble project and knew people who received moon rocks gathered by Apollo, etc. This is especially offensive to me.

Jul 13, 2024
Visit site
"It is historical fiction," said Berlanti. "I trust that the audience is intelligent enough to discern what was historic and what's the fictional part."
I hope his trust is warranted. Conspiracy "theories" seem to be rather fashionable nowdays.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
"It is historical fiction," said Berlanti. "I trust that the audience is intelligent enough to discern what was historic and what's the fictional part."
I hope his trust is warranted. Conspiracy "theories" seem to be rather fashionable nowdays.
..say it isn't so.

I, too, hope people view for what it is...entertainment. Not fact.

Reactions: billslugg