fomalhaut extrasolar planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nightskybuff

<p><br />considering the first-ever direct photos of extrasolar planets that were announced a day or two ago: would it be possible to get a much closer look at the planet orbiting fomalhaut by a very long exposure using the hubble telescope - as it did to capture the famous "ultra deep field" image? </p><p><br /></p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>considering the first-ever direct photos of extrasolar planets that were announced a day or two ago: would it be possible to get a much closer look at the planet orbiting fomalhaut by a very long exposure using the hubble telescope - as it did to capture the famous "ultra deep field" image? <br />Posted by nightskybuff</DIV></p><p>Welcome to Space.com!<br /><br />Since the Hubble is where the images came from, I would assume that when time is available they will continue observations. Hubble time is precious, so it will be distrubuted as best as can be done. I don't think there will be much more to be learned by longer exposures, but you never know!</p><p>This is a duplicate of a thread that has been going for a few days in the Space Science and Astronomy Forum. As such, I am going to close this thread and redirect you there. I will copy your post over to that one so it doesn't get lost.</p><p>The SS&A thread is titled : Extrasolar Planet Discovery by Hubble </p><p>&nbsp;Meteor Wayne</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts