For those in New York area

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Testing

From Astronomy Technology Today

Bob Moore with the Rockland Astronomy Club is helping put together an event for the World Science Festival in New York. He asked us if we could send a request to our subscribers who live in the area to help with the event. Please see the information below:

My name is Bob Moore, I'm on the Board of Directors of the Rockland Astronomy, Chairman of The North East Astro Imaging Conference and on the NEAF Board of Directors. But I come to you wearing a different hat; this year I am the Public Outreach Coordinator for the World Science Festival, in New York, and I need your help.
I have been asked to coordinate a very large star party for the World Science Festival on June 4th, 2010, with a rain date of June 5th. The star party will be held in Battery Park at the lower end of Manhattan. The World Science Festival and NASA will be bringing in the full life-sized model of the James Webb Space Telescope, which stands 22 m high x 12 m wide and 22 m long, it will tower over the Star Party. When will we ever have a chance to do astronomy next to the JWST again? This is an opportunity to put our best foot forward and show the public the important role Amateur Astronomy plays in the world of science, and why turning off their lights is so important.
I am hoping to bring 100 scopes to Battery Park. Please pass this along to your members that live nearby and would like to take part in what very well maybe the largest public star party ever held in New York City. I can be contacted by e-mail at N2IXA@OPTONLINE.NET with NYSF in the subject line, please include your name, phone, & type of scope you will be bringing.
Thanks!
Bob Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts