Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fallingstar1971

1. Electromagnetic
2. Strong
3. Weak
4. Gravity

1. Electromagnetic (attraction between + and -, repelling + and + or - and -)

2. Strong (Attraction between + and +, but only at point blank range)

3. Weak (describes radioactive decay)

4. Gravity (attractive force that works over any distance, but gets weaker the farther out you go)

So If I were to order these, from first created to last, I would say the following:

1. Strong force and weak force at the same time. This will allow protons, neutrons, and electrons to form. Without them, quarks would never get together.

2. As soon as we have electrons, we can make atoms and molecules. If we make a pile of them anywhere, they impact spacetime and create gravity as a side effect.

But.........

Now we have 2.5 attracting forces, and only 1.5 repelling force(s).

Is it possible, that the "weak" force is anything but "weak"? Could the weak force be the missing "Dark energy" With this unbalance, I would think that the Universe should shrink.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

Its almost like someone reached WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY down to the center of the Universe, grabbed it really tight, pulled with all there might turning the Universe inside out. Now we have 2.5 repelling forces to 1.5 attracting forces and it makes more sense (unlimited expansion)

I think I may be going insane.......

Star

S

Saiph

The nature of the 4 fundamental forces is a lively topic in physics, and their formation is often investigated in efforts to set up a grand unifying theory.

In GUTs the idea is that there was the BB and a single big meta-force. As the universe grew it quickly split into the fundamental forces we are familiar with today. First to split off was gravity, as it is fundamentally a characteristic of curved spacetime, and is very different from the other forces.

Next came the EMW & Strong forces split (Electromagnetic-weak) force, as the universe cooled allowing photons to arise from the mess, and atoms to get to forming. Shortly after EM and weak split, giving us what we see today. EM and weak are the only two forces we have shown that can be combined at high energy levels, and there is hope we can figure out how to get strong worked into that. Nobody has a clue, yet, how to fit gravity into the mess (as it seems to be unable to reconcile with EM, W, & S's quantized nature).

D

darkmatter4brains

Fallingstar1971":1eb8pts5 said:
I think I may be going insane.......

Star

That's what happens when you read physics for 15 hours straight ...

do that too many days in a row and your brain will metamorph into, well ... darkmatter

trust me I know! :lol:

-darkmatter4brains

J

Jerromy

Not to mention the forces reunite in your brain causing spontaneous human combustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts