'Foundation' Season 2 clip reveals what it takes to keep a galactic empire together in the face of war (video)

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
Would be more accurate to say "not based on the classic Isaac Asimov novel, 'Foundation,' ", as it has absolutely nothing, apart from a few character names, in common with it. I watched the first Season... watched it disappear down the plughole of trite mediocrity that you'd expect from Goyer et al, famed for... Superhero movies.
"Look! It's a robot! A ROBOT! See? There's machinery under the skin! It's a ROBOT!"
Next episode:
"Look! It's a robot! A ROBOT! See? There's machinery under the skin! It's a ROBOT!"
And so on.
It's fundamentally flawed as the dolts couldn't get the rights to Daneel Olivaw - or didn't figure out that that was pretty central to the whole thing. Either way, they've had to write their own story, but they're not very good at it.

Jul 16, 2023
Visit site
I agree. I read the books when I was a young teen. This isn't the foundation series. The gender swaps ruined the plots and the mildly interesting storyline about the emperor isn't part of the Foundation. Apple is guilty of murdering the stories.

Reactions: Erny_Module
Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
I agree. I read the books when I was a young teen. This isn't the foundation series. The gender swaps ruined the plots and the mildly interesting storyline about the emperor isn't part of the Foundation. Apple is guilty of murdering the stories.
It's not Apple that's at fault - they merely provided the money for Goyer et al to cash in on the Asimov/Foundation name. Goyer obviously thinks he's a better writer and has better stories than Asimov. He is incorrect - at best he's a mediocre hack that should have stuck with infantile, 1 dimensional superhero nonsense.
Gender swapping is now the law in 'Hollywood' so I'm afraid we're stuck with it, but just that one change of Demerzel/Olivaw is so ridiculous and pointless considering the origins.... but then, they would have had to read books without pictures to understand that.
The genetic dynasty thing is utterly ludicrous considering how far the science of genetics would have advanced by then, so if that's the best they could come up with... honestly, the whole thing is dire and dismal, and such a waste of time, money, talent and the legacy of Asimov.

Latest posts