Funding for start up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

astc

Hi,
was just wondering how one is able to get the funding for Space Business.

Market is pretty tight to raise cash. Many companies in the world has technology but its hard to raise capital. What are the main VC's or companies that help.

Most of the Space tourism companies are owned by INternet tycoons etc.

M

MeteorWayne

As with any other business, the first step is to have a realistic, well crafted business plan.

If you have that, they will come :)

D

DrRocket

astc":2rwkjt89 said:
Hi,
was just wondering how one is able to get the funding for Space Business.

Market is pretty tight to raise cash. Many companies in the world has technology but its hard to raise capital. What are the main VC's or companies that help.

Most of the Space tourism companies are owned by INternet tycoons etc.

Emphasis added.

I think that you answered your own question.

The history of wealthy individuals forming small space launch companies is not good. But they have money to burn and burn it they do. Beals attempt was an unqualfied failure. We'll see about Musk, who has some (IMO unjustified) strong government backing. His technical record is pretty poor.

Development of space business by public companies has not fared a lot better. ATK developed a launcher and promptly sent it swimming. Pegasus operated by Orbital and originally developed in a joint partnership by Orbital and Hercules Aerospace (now part of ATK) has been something short of a commercial bonanza. The EELV systems of Boing and Lockheed-Martin are not making much money.

The space launch business on the commercial side has far more capability than is required by the market. Business is basically lousy. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to make a good business case for space ventures except for communication satellites and supporting government-sponsored scientific missions.

If you would really like to provide an impetus for space exploration, find a good, solid commercial reason for going to space.

A

astc

Hi All,

many thanks for those who had replied.

My model is a bit like Orbital, and many of you would laugh as we are a small company etc.

Directions we are looking at, is for Nuclear Waste Management, and to provide kill rockets.

This are one of the many technologies that we have.

We are relatively new in the USA.

R

rubicondsrv

astc":32wkrc6j said:
Hi All,

many thanks for those who had replied.

My model is a bit like Orbital, and many of you would laugh as we are a small company etc.

Directions we are looking at, is for Nuclear Waste Management, and to provide kill rockets.

This are one of the many technologies that we have.

We are relatively new in the USA.

you claim to be operating in the US, but where are you located?

also what is the name of this company?

A

astc

We just started operations not long ago in the USA.

We are registered in Delaware and we have a presence in Long Beach California. We hope to move into a small office in NYC and mojave desert.

Name of our company is Advanced Space Technologies.

Like I said, We are a small company, so there might not be much about us now!!!

L

LogicianSolutions

At our current rate of success we'd have to be foolish to send nuclear waste up in space craft. All the things that can go wrong. Many space craft have blown up on the pad or soon into take off. I can not see congress approving such undertakings with out at least 100-150 million dollars spread to various politicians on the federal level and another 50-75 million to various state/local politicians and some pay offs to some scientist to advocate it's safety. Your business seems a poor choice already. At best this idea is 50 years too soon and will be done by large corp like GE funneling it down to some of it's smaller corps to avoid liability when one of the space craft malfunctions and spreads the nuclear waste of hundreds of square miles.

If you want my advice on what could be a reasonable space venture with huge pay offs, you'd have to contact me through private messages.

A

astc

Hi Sir,

Many thanks for your reply and suggestions.

The target customer you have is spot on which is GE and we are allready trying to speak to them with our application. Yes, there are many risks for having this done, but we believe with our current tech and launch abilities,we should have this up and running in 5 years. We are seeking help from DAPRA, Nasa etc.

With regards, to my url, we are getting it up in a month or two. I would post the link of our comany here when its done.

SEA = South East Asia

I thank you for your kind time in reading my replies, and I look forward to more questions.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.