Galaxy Formation: Dark Matter & Supermassive Blackholes

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PJay_A

Fact: Super massive black holes are found at the center of all galaxies.
Fact: Dark matter is found on the outskirks of all galaxies.

I've seen theories about the possible roles super massive black holes may have played in galaxy formation. I've also seen theories about the role dark matter may play in holding galaxies together to maintain the gravity necessary to keep galaxies' shape. I have yet to see a theory linking the two, which (to me) looks painfully obvious (that the two could be parts of a greater system of galactic mechanics and formation).

Could it be possible that, prior to the formation of galaxies but after the Big Bang, clumps of dark matter gravitated to form massive clumps of dark matter islands throughout the Universe. The more dense dark matter clumps in the center of these islands collapsed in on theirselve to form a super massive black hole, which triggered stars to ignite from surrounding hydrogen clouds. The remaining dark matter is what is found today, binding each galaxy together.

Could my thoughts (above) be correct?

O

origin

PJay_A":23qphxnf said:
Fact: Super massive black holes are found at the center of all galaxies.
Fact: Dark matter is found on the outskirks of all galaxies.

I've seen theories about the possible roles super massive black holes may have played in galaxy formation. I've also seen theories about the role dark matter may play in holding galaxies together to maintain the gravity necessary to keep galaxies' shape. I have yet to see a theory linking the two, which (to me) looks painfully obvious (that the two could be parts of a greater system of galactic mechanics and formation).

Could it be possible that, prior to the formation of galaxies but after the Big Bang, clumps of dark matter gravitated to form massive clumps of dark matter islands throughout the Universe. The more dense dark matter clumps in the center of these islands collapsed in on theirselve to form a super massive black hole, which triggered stars to ignite from surrounding hydrogen clouds. The remaining dark matter is what is found today, binding each galaxy together.

Could my thoughts (above) be correct?

Well first I would hesitate to call the first statements facts. There certainly is evidence for those 2 things to be true but that is it. There is no need for exotic dark matter to be responsible for black holes in the center of galaxies. Since it is not even known what dark matter even is I think you are 'putting the cart before the horse' so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts