'Get a haircut,' real Space Force chief tells Netflix 'Space Force' star Steve Carell

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
Class Act response on General Raymond’s part. Too bad the show is being written to tear down and degrade the Space Force. Funny that space dot com is pushing it.

Absolutely but I will give it a chance but it will probably just be a juvenile vehicle to mock this administration. Had the last administration done this it would be a different story...

Mar 8, 2020
Visit site
Asan EUropean I and my friends are very sceptical about the "Space Force". We think the militarisation of Space will lead to yet another arms race in Space. Space should and must be neutral.
<<Political content removed by moderator>>

Last edited by a moderator:
May 15, 2020
Visit site
Asan EUropean I and my friends are very sceptical about the "Space Force". We think the militarisation of Space will lead to yet another arms race in Space. Space should and must be neutral.
<<Political content removed by moderator>>

Given that ICBMs regularly enter a suborbital spaceflight, it seems to me that space is already very much militarized as a potential zone of conflict.

Also, given that China is planning on developing a militarized series of weaponized satellites and a base on the moon, while Russia is also planning weaponized satellites, it is a logical decision to ensure that other nations at a minimum prepare for a potential conflict in space, regardless of the apparent "defensive posture" of China and Russia.

All in all, any development of infrastructure regardless of its potential to militarize space is a great thing for the future of earth. Logistical and resource needs will eventually necessitate mining of materials from asteroids, comets and even more likely: the moon. All of which will reduce the resource burden for metals on earth (assuming a commercial extraction process which would drop material onto the surface). This could see an end to strip mining and potentially even the processing of ores on earth which create significant environmental harm. It will also take us one step closer to developing a colony on mars and reinforce that colonys sustainable outcomes over time.

All in all, I see this as a good thing for the world, not just the US.

Reactions: Lovethrust
Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
Given that ICBMs regularly enter a suborbital spaceflight, it seems to me that space is already very much militarized as a potential zone of conflict.

Also, given that China is planning on developing a militarized series of weaponized satellites and a base on the moon, while Russia is also planning weaponized satellites, it is a logical decision to ensure that other nations at a minimum prepare for a potential conflict in space, regardless of the apparent "defensive posture" of China and Russia.

All in all, any development of infrastructure regardless of its potential to militarize space is a great thing for the future of earth. Logistical and resource needs will eventually necessitate mining of materials from asteroids, comets and even more likely: the moon. All of which will reduce the resource burden for metals on earth (assuming a commercial extraction process which would drop material onto the surface). This could see an end to strip mining and potentially even the processing of ores on earth which create significant environmental harm. It will also take us one step closer to developing a colony on mars and reinforce that colonys sustainable outcomes over time.

All in all, I see this as a good thing for the world, not just the US.
Well said!

Latest posts