Good to be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HRacct

Hi, all!!!

It's good to be able to once again converse with all you "whoveans", and other great people. Last night I took some time to read many of the posts entered for the past year or so, and was delighted to find many of the same people I used to talk with in the past.

Then I got to thinking about all the shows and books I was introduced to from this site, and the people I chatted with about many different things. I found Firefly, or Serenity, to be a great movie to see and enjoy. When I saw Jumper at the movie, I found the author had written other books, and was even sent a book of his by a friend from New Zeeland. It was Wildside, and was a little different, but when I did get into reading it, I found it very interesting.

I also like to read for the fun or excitement of it, and to be able to be drawn into the storyline, whether it is "hard" s.f., or not. So, I asked what it meant and found out. Then some time later, when my father in law passed away, I was given some of his books. One of the books was by Hal Clement, entitled, "The Best of Hal Clement," and I found it to be good reading.

So, thanks, to all you "old" hands out there. I also think I was one on the few people who stood up for Mr Jar-Jar Binks from that era as well. But there were some delightful posts on ways to do him in that I can still remember. Speaking of which, I do think I have walked down many of those roads that leads to the answer of 42 from "Hitchikers Guide". Henry

J

jim48

Welcome back, Henry. I've been here since October of 2008. I post mainly in Free Space and The Unexplained. They wisely pulled politics out of Free Space and gave it it's own forum. After the last overhaul many of us are unable to post photos. That's why I like Facebook; you post pictures the way you used to be able to here. Tell us about some of the old timers that are here! :D

H

HRacct

Jim48,

Thanks for the welcome. To answer your question about who the "old timers" were, I think I will refer you to the start dates by their names. Most of them have become mods, or others who are hosting great threads.

I remember chatting about barb wire tattos one time, and the comment was made, "in 40 years with all that old age skin, the people will be able to say it is just a stylize butterfly, and not anything else." Henry

D

drwayne

Start dates kind of got messed up at the last transition. :(

Howdy sir.

Wayne

Y

yevaud

Welcome back!

HRacct":1p0flfzx said:
I remember chatting about barb wire tattos one time, and the comment was made, "in 40 years with all that old age skin, the people will be able to say it is just a stylize butterfly, and not anything else." Henry

I am certain I posted to that very conversation. Something about how 50 years from now, all of our nursing homes will be populated by old, wrinkly, tattooed people named "Brittany," "Courtney," "Austin," and "Tyler." :)

J

jim48

yevaud":9ei3n0by said:
Welcome back!

HRacct":9ei3n0by said:

I am certain I posted to that very conversation. Something about how 50 years from now, all of our nursing homes will be populated by old, wrinkly, tattooed people named "Brittany," "Courtney," "Austin," and "Tyler." :)

And Smersh and Starsinmyeyes and CommonMan and MannyPim and ZenGalacticore and CrazyEddie and and Vogon and

H

HRacct

When I left, the forum board had just changed. And as I later looked at it, it did not seem to as good as it is now. Guess that was a change for the better.

And yes, yevaud, I do think it was you or vogun(?) that we were chatting about what were all those girls going to do when they started aging with those tattos. I back then also did some assembly line work with a man who was a tatto artist and said the best adver. he had was work he did on HIMSELF. He told me one tat took 8 hours to do, and after a while you don't feel it that much. I asked if he stopped at any time, and he said no, because he would have to get used to the pain all over again. I could not believe anyone would do that to themself, but that's life.

But now I am a diabetic myself and have to shoot up myself each night.

S

StarRider1701

HRacct":38xukjhe said:

Hello HRacct. Have you read the thread called "Area51 worth the trip" in Free Space. You might have to search a bit to find it, although I wll be posting to it soon and bringing it back on top.

I too am a diabetic and I've learned the hard way that doctors don't always tell you everything. Especially about stuff that some drug company isn't making a bazillion bucks from!!! Are you taking Chromium Picolinate? It is a natural substance that the body requires a little bit of anyway and it help your body become more sensitive to insulin, whether it be your own or the injected kind. It comes in many dosage sizes but you should get the 200mcg size and in the beginning take one with each meal. Once your body is accustomed, you can cut back to one a day. Make sure you tell your doctor if you take it because you will very likely need to reduce the amount of insulin you inject.
A 100 ct bottle of 200mcg Chromium Picolinate costs me about 10 or 11 bucks at the pharmacy and lasts me 3 months.

Oh, and if you really want to hear it, ask Jim48 what he thinks of doctors!

J

jim48

StarRider1701":rbf1mahk said:
HRacct":rbf1mahk said:

Hello HRacct. Have you read the thread called "Area51 worth the trip" in Free Space. You might have to search a bit to find it, although I wll be posting to it soon and bringing it back on top.

I too am a diabetic and I've learned the hard way that doctors don't always tell you everything. Especially about stuff that some drug company isn't making a bazillion bucks from!!! Are you taking Chromium Picolinate? It is a natural substance that the body requires a little bit of anyway and it help your body become more sensitive to insulin, whether it be your own or the injected kind. It comes in many dosage sizes but you should get the 200mcg size and in the beginning take one with each meal. Once your body is accustomed, you can cut back to one a day. Make sure you tell your doctor if you take it because you will very likely need to reduce the amount of insulin you inject.
A 100 ct bottle of 200mcg Chromium Picolinate costs me about 10 or 11 bucks at the pharmacy and lasts me 3 months.

Oh, and if you really want to hear it, ask Jim48 what he thinks of doctors!

They told me I was full of cancer and dying and I wouldn't make it to last Halloween. I want to cuss bad here but it woud be filtered. I cuss at stupid docs!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: I went to a lawyer and made my will. I assumed they knew what they were talking about. Not a damn thing wrong with me, it turned out. Just overwork and stress, which created neurological conditions and symptoms but no real physical harm. Just fifty-year-old body reacting to overload. Symptoms suggested a few things. Aw **** the speculation. At one point they thought I had TB!!! Another doc said I had a hole in one lung, thus lung cancer. No hole. No cancer. Just scar tissue from too many years of smoking.

S

StarRider1701

Also, If you're overweight and exersizing to lose weight, Chromium will help there too. About 20 yrs ago, Chromium was the latest, greatest diet pill! Until they discovered that it didn't work if you didn't exersize.
If you don't already have it, I recommend the book "Nature's Medicines." Lots of good stuff in there that no doctor will tell you about.

H

HRacct

Thanks for the info. It seems I may have heard of that product. But I don't even want to try and spell it. I went into the hosp. with stomach pains, spent 3 1/2 days with an I.V. and sponge for water intake, and came out a week later learning about my new life. But it did clear up many of my other problems I did have. And all of that without insurance, which is part of the reason I was just now able to get a new computer. I did have a 10 year old tower but it could only support my Quick Books programs or the internet connections, but not both. My wife is the only one with the job, but I am back on her insurance plan. She said that it was too expensive to carry me on her plan, and I told her, I'm healthy as a horse, and can get coverage anywhere. And 3 months later.

But enough of that. Now, back to our regluarly scheduled programing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts