Gravity does not exist outside of a solar system

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dryson

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>I'm not an expert on magnetic fields but it seems to me that the spotty magnetic fields on mars are probably caused by iron ore deposits. Each iron molecule has it's own north and south pole but when connected to another molecule they combine. Put more and more iron molecules together and your magnet grows. Each deposit would have it's own north and south pole so that's why the instruments detected so much flipping. <br /><br />I'm not sure if the iron ore has to be formed (cooling magma high in iron content) in the presence of a magnetic field. If so maybe mars had one long ago and now we are only seeing what remains of it, large and small magnets across the planet.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />-Dook-<br /><br />Now in order for gravity or electromagnetic fields to be present throughout the Universe, the above stated fact would imply that only planets and suns or gas giants generate a field large enough to keep a solar system together. When this is applied to a galaxy the same can be said to be true.<br /><br />But what about outside of a galaxy?<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>Put more and more iron or other molecules together and your magnetic field grows.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />With most matter being contained within a galaxy can it be safe to say that between galaxies there would hardly be any gravity if any at all, Given the stated fact made by Dook above? Another question to ask, are there areas of space between solar systems where the spacial bodies contained within each solar system produce just enough gravity to keep the system held together? Are there areas outside of these types of systems or between neighboring solar systems where gravity may not create a pull to the center of the largest mass that is producing the gravitational pull? <br /><br />Meaning that gravity does not encompass all of the Universe because in order for the gravitional field to effect the given area

V

vogon13

PLease delete your duplicate threads !!!<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.