gravity generators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ihwip

I am curious to know if there are any theories or project proposals that involve this idea...<br /><br />I was thinking about how Bush wants to travel to the moon and how we will be pulling the lighter elements out of ET environments to made air and rocket fuel.<br /><br />After enough time is elapsed and enough processing is done, would it be possible for us to pull all the lighter elements out of the moon until a solid 'pit' is formed that generates its own heat due to gravitational friction?<br /><br />Another idea would be to create an artificially compressed reactor core of dense matter that could generate heat via internal friction. I am not sure how either the compression would be managed or the energy output contained but basically the idea is to create an artificial star of sorts.

Q

qso1

IHWIP:<br />I was thinking about how Bush wants to travel to the moon and how we will be pulling the lighter elements out of ET environments to made air and rocket fuel.<br /><br />Me:<br />Something as exotic as your proposing won't be developed for the current Bush lunar programs due to development costs associated with the new technologies involved. For the lunar portion of VSE, cheaper to stick with current methods. But for longer range goals such as Mars, the moon would make a nice lab to develop such proposals and private industry may have to spearhead such an effort.<br /><br />I'm not sure what you mean by heat generation due to gravitational friction.<br /><br />The main method we currently have for generating an artificial star is one that still hasn't been demonstrated to be able to do this yet. Nuclear fusion. Bein that were still unable to sustain a controlled nuclear fusion reaction for more than a split second or so. Were a long way from being able to do what your proposing.<br /><br />But thats no reason not to try if the details can be laid out and appear feasible. One other thing, we need to know exactly what gravity is. This is probably one reason so called anti gravity propulsuion is still largely the stuff of science fiction. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts