gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

exokid2010

just a question came into my mind,u got answer for this

A

adrenalynn

Naw, don't fib. The "Justify" is the absolute homework indicator. You couldn't even put the effort in to obfuscate the homework-ness of the question.

E

exokid2010

there it goes, at least can any one answer this question now

A

adrenalynn

Absolutely someone can. When your teacher goes over the work, surely they'll be able to let you know where you fell down.

E

exokid2010

okay go through this,The fact that gravity is an attraction only (and never a repulsion) makes it unlike the other fundamental forces. For this and other reasons, no quantum theory of gravity exists; and gravity can be described with general relativity (while other interactions like electrostatic force can not).
Is there a fundamental flaw in the theory that gravity is a repulsion between nothingness and masses?

C

csmyth3025

exokid2010":wptzzfbe said:
okay go through this,The fact that gravity is an attraction only (and never a repulsion) makes it unlike the other fundamental forces. For this and other reasons, no quantum theory of gravity exists; and gravity can be described with general relativity (while other interactions like electrostatic force can not).
Is there a fundamental flaw in the theory that gravity is a repulsion between nothingness and masses?
One flaw may be that in our observable universe no one has found "nothingness". It would be pretty hard to prove (or disprove) a theory that gravity repels something that hasn't been observed.

We have observed, however, that there is a Cosmic Microwave background that's detectable in every direction. The CMB itself represents a (very small) "somethingness" that fills the universe due to the equivalence of mass and energy.

Chris

E

exokid2010

csmyth3025":1n9eyl6e said:
exokid2010":1n9eyl6e said:
One flaw may be that in our observable universe no one has found "nothingness". It would be pretty hard to prove (or disprove) a theory the gravity repels something that hasn't been observed.

We have observed, however, that there is a Cosmic Microwave background that's detectable in every direction. The CMB itself represents a (very small) "somethingness" that fills the universe due to the equivalence of mass and energy.

Chris
Black holes have a heck of a lot of somethingness.
We call it a "black" "hole" which is suggestive of emptiness or nothingness, yet indeed it has mass. That's what I was saying. i am conceiving some variety of "nothingness" from which mass is repulsed, and I can't think of one.

C

csmyth3025

exokid2010":lnkwhrw0 said:
...That's what I was saying. i am conceiving some variety of "nothingness" from which mass is repulsed, and I can't think of one.
I can't think of one either.

Chris

M

MeteorWayne

exokid2010":3lvtzscu said:
We call it a "black" "hole" which is suggestive of emptiness or nothingness, yet indeed it has mass.

You are misintepreting what the "black" in black hole means. It doesn't suggest nothingness, it means that nothing can escape the interior (inside the event horizon) because the gravity is too strong. It has lots of mass in a very small volume.

M

Mee_n_Mac

exokid2010":15p1a9zl said:

Yes. I think you'd have a hard time coming up with a relationship between something with mass and nothingness that satifies the observed inverse square law that gravity seems to follow. IOW - explain orbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts