Green Lantern casting updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Angela Bassett has been cast as Dr. Amanda Waller, leader of Checkmate and frequent nemesis of the Justice League.

Wiki on the character....

Her introduction ties in nicely with rumors of a Suicide Squad movie being part of DC's new plan to integrate its characters Marvel-style.

In Smallville Dr. Waller has been played by Pam Grier, and her actions eventually revealed as trying to get the Justice League to form as a successor to the Justice Society and a counter to a coming apocalypse - this in the Absolute Justice movie/episode. Of course, Apocolips is a play on apocalypse and the planet ruled by Darkseid, and its inclusion could also bring in New Genesis.

This season of Smallville is getting real interesting, and rather dark.

A

a_lost_packet_

Re: Green Lantern casting update meshes with JLA/Smallville

I've regretted not watching Smallville. It sounds like a great show and it has received many accolades. But, it's a bit late to start now.. One of these days, I might pick up the series in a bargain bin or on sale or something. It's a series I'd probably enjoy.

D

docm

Re: Green Lantern casting update meshes with JLA/Smallville

Of the series so far I found the first 3 or so years good with the whole Clark/Lex dynamic, the middle a bit soapy what with the Clark/Lana romance and its ups and downs and the last 3 seasons good and getting better. The "good" started around the time of the "Justice" episode (Clark, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, Green Arrow etc all present) and now we have a Zod clone, personality intact, and the start of a real Justice League encouraged by former members of the Justice Society headed up by Hawkman.

Word is that after Smallville ends (it's been picked up for season 10) a Justice League series will follow.

BTW: this from an Examiner writer who did a stint as an extra on Green Lantern;

>
Speaking of Green Lantern, I was honored to be used as a stand in for Jay O Sanders who is playing the role of Carl Ferris, owner of Ferris Air where Hal, Ryan Reynolds character and Blake Lively’s character, Carol Ferris are test pilots. I was very impressed with the studio but even more impressed with the dedication Ryan Reynolds has put into the character of Hal, aka. The Green Lantern. When I heard I was going to be on the set with Ryan Reynolds I was ecstatic to have the opportunity to watch the out takes we see on television first hand. Sadly their was no such thing, no funny business at all. Too bad for me, but excellent news for D.C. Comic Green Lantern fans. His dedication to the character will be well appreciated by the viewers. Living in Louisiana provides a chance that I will be able to see some out takes in person someday.
>

D

docm

There is news that this Green Lantern movie will have both Earth-sector 'lanterns: Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) and John Stewart, played by relative newcomer (4 films coming) Nick Jones, a former Marine.

NickJones-JohnStewart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts