Gusev horizon from Mars rover panoramas

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aldo12xu

I've created a page on my site that correlates various points on the Gusev Crater horizon to points on the Spirit rover panoramas, including the recent views from Husband Hill. I'll update it as new panoramas come in with better views of the distance features.<br /><br />Check it out by going to my homepage and clicking on the "Gusev Crater Horizon" photo. From there you can click on the photos to enlarge each photo.<br /><br />Hope everybody finds the page helpful.<br /><br />Cheers,<br />Aldo.<br /><br />

T

tony873004

That's a very impressive Mars page you've put together!<br /><br />It's fun trying to line up the points from one picture to another.<br /><br />I'd suggest getting rid of the words "Under Construction" at the top of the page. I've heard that they scare away the robots and spiders if you want good search engine ranking (but I could be wrong).

A

aldo12xu

Glad you liked the site..........and thanks for the tip, Tony!

I

igorsboss

Major Kudos on a great web site!<br /><br />I read through your pages that explain the origins of the blueberry stems. Absolutely top-notch science buddy!!!<br /><br />You took an observation, constructed a model, refuted that with another observation, constructed another model, refuted that with yet another observation, and constructed yet another model that explained everything, with a few mysteries left to solve. That's the way to do it!!!!<br /><br />I really liked the image which showed that broken and disoriented strata (blue lines) have parallel blueberry stalks (green lines). That was very convincing proof that the stalks were wind-carved.<br /><br />I just had an idea! Since blueberry stems are wind-carved, that means that most blueberry stems we find can give use a clue to the average wind direction at each little blueberry. A study of the distributions of blueberry stem orientations might reveal very subtle details about how martian air flows over the surface.

A

aldo12xu

I've just updated the Horizon page. We can now actually make out the walls of Ma'adim Valles!! <br /><br />And thanks for your comments, Igor. Geology has always be analogous to detective work for me and Mars has so many mysteries to solve!

J

jmilsom

Just to add to the accolade - excellent website! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts