H.P. Lovecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yevaud

<p>His eerie story, <em>At The Mountains Of Madness</em> has been purchased by Director Guillermo Del Toro.</p><p>Veeerrrryyy interesting!&nbsp; What one hell of a movie this will make! </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>His eerie story, At The Mountains Of Madness has bee purchased by Director Guillermo Del Toro.Veeerrrryyy interesting!&nbsp; What one hell of a movie this will make! Posted by yevaud</DIV></p><p>WOW! </p><p>I checked his attributes and besides being slated to direct "The Hobbit" he is also going to direct "Dr. Strange." in 2010.&nbsp; Interestinger and interestinger..</p><p><edit></p><p>This would be an awesome movie and I'd love to see a series of Cthulu Mythos flicks done right.&nbsp; I've seen a few but they've always been of the C-grade horror flick type.&nbsp; Nobody has quite managed to capture the true "horror" that Cthulu Mythos demands.&nbsp; A horror that is so unspeakable you go insane?&nbsp; Not something easily done.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

D

docm

Guillermo Del Toro is one of the new directorial Gods in filmdom.&nbsp; Damned talented guy. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jmilsom

Agree, Agree, Agree, Excellent! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

docm

<p>He's also doing "The Hobbit" for 2011. James McAvoy will be Bilbo Baggins, Sir Ian will be Gandalf again and Andy Sirkis will reprise as Gollum.</p><p>He's also working&nbsp;on a re-imagining of "Frankenstein", and his first choice for the creature is&nbsp;Doug Jones (Abe Sapien in "HellBoy").</p><p>While we're talking Doug Jones: word is he landed the lead for the stand-alone "Silver Surfer" movie Marvel Studio's is working on. Alex Proyas directing (Dark City, The Crow); J. Michael Straczynski writing (Babylon 5, Jeremiah)</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p>A stand-alone Silver Surfer movie? </p><p>!!</p><p>Excellent! </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

3DBO

<p>What was the cheap Lovecraft based movie about the Pineal gland called. It let him see into another dimension where he'd get attacked by muscle strands with mouths. The main character was the same guy who was in the Re-Animator (another gross flick) . &nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>What was the cheap Lovecraft based movie about the Pineal gland called. It let him see into another dimension where he'd get attacked by muscle strands with mouths. The main character was the same guy who was in the Re-Animator (another gross flick) . &nbsp; <br /> Posted by 3DBO</DIV></p><p>I remember that and had it confused with Re-Animator until you mentioned the distinction.&nbsp; It was "From Beyond" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091083/</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

3DBO

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I remember that and had it confused with Re-Animator until you mentioned the distinction.&nbsp; It was "From Beyond" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091083/ <br />Posted by a_lost_packet_</DIV></p><p>Haha </p><p>That's great! Gotta love the plot summary - Scientists create a resonator to stimulate the pineal gland (sixth sense), and open up a door to a parallel (and hostile) universe.</p><p>&nbsp;See, all you need is resonator ;)&nbsp; Maybe you'll luck out and&nbsp;open up a door to a friendly parallel universe. </p><p>&nbsp;Humans are such easy prey.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.