happy with my old tasco telescope *DELETED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rogers_buck

Cool scope, a real classic. Give it a kiss tonight when you carry it outside and it will show you things that will blow your mind.

H

huey_pilot

Trying to find M31, no success yet, not even sure its visible where I live. Might not be dark enough even though its pretty dark.

H

huey_pilot

Telescopes aren't exactly cheap now. Especially when I am working part time for $5 an hour. (Just a job while im in highschool) Im not complaining though, I would love to have a nice 10 in reflector or 4 in refractor. But I am happy with the nice images I get with my 60mm x 700mm.

O

odysseus145

Here is a detailed description for finding M31. <br /><br />I myself recently just found it through my 8" dob reflector. With a 20mm eyepiece, it appeared as a faint smudge that filled the eyepiece with a bright haze in the center.<br /><br />Good luck, but just don't expect a hubble-like image. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cookie_thief

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Sears had a line of Tasco telescopes at that time.

W

wisefool

Your scope seems better made than much of the similar sized scopes today. As previously mentioned, 60mm is 60mm, no matter how well made. That's only 10mm more aperture than a pair of 7x50 binoculars. The binoculars will give you a much brighter field of view, and much wider too. Since your telescope is a classic, by all means keep it. But I would at least recommend getting a pair of 7x50 binoculars to see the "other side" of what's up there.

B

bbrock

Your telescope is a beautiful piece of work. I'm a little confused about your specifications. You have a 60mm aperature telescope with 700mm focal length. You use a 2.5mm EP and a 2X barlow to look at the moon and planets. I bet the EP is 25mm and not 2.5mm. <br /><br />Bill

H

huey_pilot

Im not sure what it is then. Its stamped with 2.5mm but its a lot larger then the one stamped with 6mm. So I don't really know then, its bigger than 2.5mm I can guarantee that.

H

huey_pilot

BTW theres 2 lenses in the front of the telescope, do all refractors have this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts