Harvest Moon and Sunrise Photo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rambrosio

<p>I want to photograph the Harvest Moon as it appears from the horizon ( Mon Sept 15th).</p><p>I live in Bermuda and Harvest Moon time is 6:16 am. Our sunrise is at 7:05. From a photography perspective, would I be able to capture the Moon rising and will it have a beautifully rich orange colour? It would make a very interesting shot to have the moon hanging over the horizon as the sun rises. </p><p>Thanks in advance.</p><p>Rob</p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I want to photograph the Harvest Moon as it appears from the horizon ( Mon Sept 15th).I live in Bermuda and Harvest Moon time is 6:16 am. Our sunrise is at 7:05. From a photography perspective, would I be able to capture the Moon rising and will it have a beautifully rich orange colour? It would make a very interesting shot to have the moon hanging over the horizon as the sun rises. Thanks in advance.Rob <br />Posted by rambrosio</DIV><br /><br />You do realize the moon and sun will be on opposite horizons, right?</p><p>In any case, the orange color of the rising harvest moon is to a large extent a result of the daytime atmospheric mixing. I'm not sure it will look the same as it sets. I'm even less sure of the effects from Bermuda. My best advice it to take the picture, and see how it comes out!! Be sure to share with us!!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.