Help finding very cool sci-fi book

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TMratboyy

The theme has been in my head for ages now and I want to read it again....I have no idea of the title.

Theme:
Set on earth about now.(2006-2020) Scientists have developed a bubble shaped force field to protect them from nuclear fall out ? Whilst inside these bubbles/force fields time is not relative to the outside. Time on the outside moves forward quicker.
Some scientist characters find (by satellite) that these force field bubbles are being used secretly in the US? and is an indication of possible war or threat?

They decide to lock themselves inside a bubble and escape into the future by allowing vast amounts of 'present' time to pass by.

Different communities move forward into time using the stasis of the bubbles to travel.
The story changes to one of intrigue when someone is found dead, but only after many thousands of years when they re-open the bubble.
The story then has a hint of archeology to it as they try to find out who, what, how.. is it an accident or murder...

Hope it rings some bells and someone can point me to the title........ Thanks all.
email me at .... TMratboyy@gmail.com

Ratboyy

E

emopedz1

That book sounds pretty cool, the one linked at the wiki above.

C

Cosmicvoid

I agree with starsinmyeyes44, but it also could be "Peace War" by Vernor Vinge, which was a predecessor to Marooned in Realtime.

Y

yevaud

I agree with stars as well. With the sole exception of the line, "only after they open the bubble after thousands of years" (not how it actually occurred in the book)it describes the later plot of Marooned in Realtime to a "T."

E

eburacum45

Marooned in Realtime is one of my favourite books, not least because it was the first time I read about the concept of the Technological Singularity.
Nowadays, of course, I'm writing about the concept all the time, over at Orion's Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.