Help me beta test my new astronomy related website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

telescopewizard

Hey guys,<br /><br />I'm building a pretty nifty website for astronomers. I'm looking for some beta testers to test out specific areas of the web site... new features are being added on daily. <br /><br />I hope to officially launch it sometime in late October/Early November.<br /><br />Here is the web site: <b>TelescopeWizard.com<a /></b><br /><br />Site feature list:Website features<a />

Y

yevaud

I'm going to guess you're Scott Sulkazi.<br /><br />Nice looking site. Spartan but useful. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

T

telescopewizard

It is Spartan for now becuase I am concentrating on building the portions of the site. <br /><br />I will add more some more content pretty soon to beef it up. <br /><br />In the end though it will be the users who supply the content through their personal blogs and astrophotos.

R

rogerinnh

Very nicely designed site. I'd guess you've had some graphic arts or web design training.

T

telescopewizard

I design sites for a living. I used to be the webmaster for United Technologies Corp. (Holding company for Pratt & Whiteny, Hamilton Sundstrand, Sikorsky and others.)

T

telescopewizard

Nope, just php/mysql. I just combined a bunch of the best of the best software out there and integrated it together. The site is for non commerical use. Primarily I want the site to become a tool for astronomers plus I will be adding in something pretty wild. It is listed farther down on the feature lists.<br />

A

astronomywizard

The site is no longer known as telescopewizard.com but is now (and forever) AstronomyWizard.org.<br /><br />The site has gone through a complete redesign and is up and running full steam.

R

rosiegh

Looks great! I just joined. Would be nice if the forum was a little wider though.

S

Saiph

Looks great. Looking forward to more material.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

A

astronomywizard

Thanks Rosie, Yes, I think I might create a separate template/view of the messageboard area and widen it... it is viewable when clicking down to the main content peice yet people are used to seeing messageboards fill the screen. Your input is valuable and noted. Thanks!

R

rybanis

It is interesting that you asked about this, as this is what I do for a living currently (testing web-based business software). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts