Here's how the universe could end in a a 'false vacuum decay'

I note in the report near the end. "The apparent metastability of the quantum fields of the universe is a little unsettling. Although it could mean that the universe could persist for billions, even trillions, of years without anything going wrong at all, it could also mean that the universe is already beginning to transform. All it would take is one little shake in the wrong direction, in some random patch of the universe, where the Higgs falls apart and the underlying quantum fields find a new, more stable configuration. That region of "new" universe would then propagate outward at nearly the speed of light through the "old" universe. This kind of phase transition is called a “false vacuum decay.” It references the idea that the vacuum of our universe is a “false” one — it’s not as stable as it might appear, and it will someday decay into something new. By the time we received any information that the phase transition was upon us, it would already be happening."

This is quite a cosmology here :) A new universe pops into existence expanding at nearly c velocity, inside the old universe based upon a phase transition known as a *false vacuum decay*. It should be pointed out that in the inflation model, 3D space expands > 10^20 c and today in the BB cosmology, all objects with redshifts => 1.4 are expanding faster than c velocity. Most of the universe is much larger than 13.8 billion light years since the postulated BB event so we do not see this space expanding faster than c today, even thought it must be doing this. The CMBR redshift of 1100 places the radius out some 46 billion light years distance from Earth. All of this 3D space is expanding much faster than c velocity but I acknowledge, using my telescopes, I cannot confirm this :)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts