Hottest new technology/company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brandido

I have been following a variety of different companies and technologies for the past little bit including:<br /><ul><br /><li>SpaceX and the Falcon-1 and Falcon-9 - possibility to significantly reduce cost for space access through rigorous cost control and failure analysis. First launch either Nov. or Dec. of 2005 (hopefully).</li><br /><li>Bigelow Aerospace and the Inflatible SpaceHab - Continuing the discontinued NASA research into inflatible space habitats that would enable create Space Station modules more than 3X the size of current ISS modules. I believe a scale model is supposed to launch in 2006</li><br /><li>Scaled Composites and SpaceShipOne - winners of the Ansari XPrize, and currently partnered with Virgin Galactic to develop SpaceShipTwo for consummer flights to the edge of space.</li><br /><li>Space Elevator - probably the biggest paradigm shift in space access at of any that is cosidered viable in the near future.</li><br /></ul><br />Anybody else have any contenders or providing a new opportunity for space access and or development?

S

spacelifejunkie

Here are a couple of wildcards. Check out JP Aerospace. They have a novel "Airship to Orbit" plan that is certainly unique. Armadillo Aerospace has a DCX Clipper like design in the works and plenty of money to make it happen. I have also not given up on GE's and Pratt & Whitney's research on pulsed detonation engines and nuclear rockets, but they may be at least a decade away from the first applications. PDE's mixed with a scramjet might be the cheapest propulsion from earth imagineable. Only a space elevator could rival its cost. Also, don't forget SpaceDev and Transformational Space, they are as close as anyone with the exception of SpaceX to new access to LEO. They have broad exploration architectures and timelines as well. Very ambitious plans. I wish them all luck. I just want somebody besides NASA step up to the plate and make it happen.<br /><br />SLJ

U

umakaredla

an interesting concept...java simulator is just awesome..Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts