How can I hear the sounds of space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatal291

I remember a site where I could hear the actual sounds.. not sure how they got it but it was supposed to be the real sounds.. sped up of curse. Does anyone have a link to a site like that that is REAL and not some guy with wind chimes?

S

SpeedFreek

I think it is these kinds of things you are referring to.<br /><br /> Radio Storms on Jupiter <br /><br /> Singing Saturn Electric <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000">_______________________________________________<br /></font><font size="2"><em>SpeedFreek</em></font> </p> </div>

T

telfrow

Here is a National Public Radio piece on background radiation (with sound), and another very good piece about halfway down the page entitled "Hear the Noise" with commentary by Robert Wilson. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

N

nexium

We could fasten a contact microphone to the side of the ISS = international space station. Most of the sounds would be internal to the ISS in the frequency range from 30 hertz to 20,000 hertz. If however we fed the mic output into a 2024 times frequency multiplier, we might get some output in the audio range, some of which might have components that came from a large distance from the ISS. Generally only very low frequencies propagate in space, so we might need to multiply the "sound" frequency by millions of times. Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts